99 more swine flu cases in country, total crosses 2000
New Delhi: Ninety-nine fresh cases of swine
flu were reported from across the country on Tuesday taking the
total number of people afflicted by the disease to over 2,000.
Of the fresh cases, Delhi reported 10, while Bangalore
and Mumbai reported 20 each. Pune reported 18 cases.
While Aurangabad, Ahmedabad and Dhule reported three
cases each, Panchkula, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Cochin, Calicut,
Nashik and Dibrugarh reported two cases each.
Ghaziabad, Goa, Udupi, Manipal, Surat, Silchar, Kolhapur
and Satara reported one each.
The two cases reported from Cochin have a travel history
One of the cases reported from Delhi had a travel history
to Thailand while two others have traveled to Australia. One
of the two cases reported from Hyderabad has a travel history
to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
All other cases reported during the day are indigenous
cases with no foreign travel history.
A total of 10,578 people have been tested so far out of
which 2,026 tested positive for swine flu. Of the 2,026
positive cases, 708 have been discharged.
Panel of Secretaries reviews situation
Top government officials,
including Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar, met here on Tuesday to review the situation in wake of the spread of deadly swine flu, which has claimed 30 lives in the country so far.
Sources said the meeting of the Committee of
Secretaries on swine flu, chaired by Chandrasekhar, discussed
the situation and reviewed the measures taken by the Health
Ministry to contain the spread of the viral disease.
The Health Ministry has issued a number of guidelines
to various stakeholders, including state governments and
schools, on dealing with the situation arising out of the
spread of the flu.
Ninety-nine fresh cases of swine flu were reported
from across the country today making the total number of
people afflicted with the disease cross 2,000.
At present, a total of 2,026 people have tested
positive for the viral disease in the country which claimed
30 lives so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy