A quarter BPO providers will not exist by 2012: Gartner
Mumbai: One-quarter of the today`s top business process outsourcing will not last beyond 2012 as separate entities as market exits, acquisitions and the ascent of new vendors will re-arrange the landscape, said a research firm, Gartner said.
Gartner is a leading information technology research
and advisory company.
"As providers are exposed to the economic crisis, with
loss-making contracts and inability to adapt to standardised
delivery models, many will struggle to survive in their
current form," Gartner Vice-President (Research) Robert H
Gartner has identified six key signposts to watch out for
that might herald the predicted market shakeout and has
identified the BPO vendors that might be acquired or exit the
Some BPO providers are carrying unprofitable contract
portfolios, largely stemming from too-much, too-soon pursuit
of deals and are without much thought as to how to transition
them to a standardised, profitable state of ongoing
operations, it said.
Vendor selection teams of enterprises should gain insight
into prospective BPO providers` deals to understand how
profitable the vendor is. While most vendors will be reluctant
to share this information, those that stand the best chance of
longevity will realise that BPO is a partnership and being
open about profitability can limit long-term risk to both
parties, Gartner said.
All the same, handling multiple deals at once is a
necessity in outsourcing and buyers need to know that a vendor
can successfully cater to the needs of more than one customer.
A lack of recent new business activity can indicate that a
vendor is choking on a backlog of business, it said.
The financial services sector accounts for about
one-third of the total BPO market globally and providers with
more revenues from the banking sector were first exposed to
the credit crunch and ensuing the financial meltdown, Gartner
While exposure to the banking sector is by no means an
absolute harbinger of doom, sourcing executives should be
aware of the potential impact if their provider has a
significant amount of revenue (more than 85 per cent) as a
financial services pure-play BPO vendor, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks