A robot that can fall in love!
London: Robots could one day completely replace the need to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Well, that’s what the latest invention suggests.
A robot that can fall in love with its owner could put an end to millions of lonely hearts across the globe.
It has special sensors that react to human touch to show when it is happy — or in love.
The robot has been invented by German designer Stefan Ulrich and can wrap around its owner and even give them a cuddle.
The robot looks like a massive pillow and could be straight out of the latest sci-fi blockbuster — or even comedy.
"The products of the future will, in effect, be alive,” the Sun quoted Ulrich as saying.
"People already bury themselves in possessions and shield themselves from real life with technology. So if robots and objects can fulfil all their emotional needs as well, why do they need other humans?"
The robot uses state-of-the-art research in artificial muscle technology and has micro-sensors under its skin.
They react to pressure, skin temperature and colour to produce a response like a human reaction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday