A vacuum cleaner that talks as it cleans
London: A Japanese company has come up with a robot vacuum cleaner that can talk to people as it cleans. The gadget can be controlled with an iPhone and it also sends back photos of the home while it does its job.
The Cocorobo - created by Sharp - speaks three languages, English, Japanese and Chinese. It comes with more than 30 phrases, including "Long time no see" and "Hello", a newspaper reported.
The cleaner comes with an iPhone app to allow people to directly interact with it. Users can control its movements, live-stream videos from the carpet, and it even sends pictures as it automatically works around the home.
The robot also speaks the Kansai dialect of southwestern Japan.
People can ask questions like "How`s it going?", and get back answers like "I`m cool and feeling good".
The cleaner comes with infra-red sensors to ensure it does not bump into things around the house. When tired, it can walk itself into a little docking station and "sleep", and wait for the owner to wake it up with a friendly greeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal