Aamir back on Copyright panel
Mumbai: Aamir Khan has decided to rejoin the Copyright Act panel after his fellow panelists submitted a signed and written letter to the Minister of Human Resources Kapil Sibal, which stated that if Aamir would join back, then they would be happy as his integrity was not at all in question.
The letter is said to have appeased the ‘hurt’ actor, who resigned from the 10-member committee formed to look into the proposed amendments to the Copyright Act following the reported differences with lyricist Javed Akhtar.
The actor had said in his letter to Sibal that there was an attempt by certain people "to attack me in public by printing lies about me, thereby turning the attention away from a genuine debate about copyright issues".
According to reports, Javed Akhtar volunteered to extend an olive branch to the angry actor, when he himself went to deliver the letter which was signed by him and the other panelists like Prasoon Joshi, Anjum Rajabali, Vishal Dadlani Saket Chowdhury etc. Later Aamir was asked by Union Minister Kapil Sibal and asked to reconsider his decision to join the panel.
The panel has been set up to make the requisite amendments in the Copyright Act on Royalty problems within the industry. According to sources, the copyright Amendment Bill would be presented in the Parliament this Budget session.
Aamir had resigned two days back after a spat with Javed Akhtar on what makes a song hit- the actor on whom it is filmed or the writer and music composer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof