Aamir is not saying the truth: Chetan Bhagat
New Delhi: The controversy surrounding `3
Idiots` has taken a new turn with Chetan Bhagat, the author of
the book from which the movie has been adapted, accusing the
filmmakers and actor Aamir Khan of not giving him due credit.
Bhagat said that 70 per cent of the film `3 Idiots` is
based on his novel `Five Point Someone`, contradicting Aamir`s
claim that he was trying to take away the credit from the
film`s scriptwriter, Abhijat Joshi.
"From the very beginning the film has been promoted on
the lines that it is based on `Five Point Someone` but when I
saw the film, I found out that my name was nowhere to be seen
in the credit line," Chetan Bhagat said to a news agency.
Aamir, who plays the lead in the Rajkumar Hirani
directed film, had said, "Abhijat has written the script and
Raju Hirani worked on it. Raju and Abhijat took the idea from
Chetan`s book. The starting point is `Five Point Someone`, but
after that the script has been completely changed."
But Bhagat has a different take on it, saying that the
credit for the story has been given to Abhijat and Hirani
while he has been left out entirely.
"For the past two years I have trusted Hirani, Vidhu
Vinod Chopra and Aamir blindly and this is what I get in
return. Now I am being threatened with legal action but I am
ready for it," Bhagat said.
Aamir said he had advised Chopra and Hirani to file a
case against Bhagat as he has defamed them with "false"
Reacting to this, Bhagat said, "The film`s setting,
characters, dialogues, theme and all the other characteristics
have been taken from my book. There are some changes but they
were necessary for the book`s adaptation into the film."
When asked whether he had tried to talk to Hirani and
Chopra on the issue, Bhagat said, "I tried my best but they
are not ready to talk."
Bhagat`s name appears at the film`s end credits. The
film, produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and directed by Hirani
has already created box office history by raking in more than
Rs 170 crore within days of its release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH