Aamir Khan, Javed Akhtar for CWG
New Delhi: Bollywood star Aamir Khan and lyricist Javed Akhtar will be among a host of celebrities promoting the upcoming Commonwealth Games through an audio-visual campaign.
The audio-visual campaign, for which the CWG Organising Committee has tied up with Network 18, will be launched tomorrow and it will have a host of personalities from a variety of fields.
Pledging support for the Games, Khan said, “the CWG is around the corner and we as Indians should do everything possible to make our guests, coming from all over the world, feel welcome and comfortable.”
“I wish all Indian sportpersons very best,” the actor said.
Akhtar said he wished the country “all the very best” as it is hosting the Games for the first time.
The audio-visual campaign is aimed at building a crescendo for the mega sporting event and sensitise people about doing their best in making the Games a comfortable one for those coming from abroad.
The organisers are tightlipped about the other celebrities participating in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical