Aamir Khan, Javed Akhtar for CWG
New Delhi: Bollywood star Aamir Khan and lyricist Javed Akhtar will be among a host of celebrities promoting the upcoming Commonwealth Games through an audio-visual campaign.
The audio-visual campaign, for which the CWG Organising Committee has tied up with Network 18, will be launched tomorrow and it will have a host of personalities from a variety of fields.
Pledging support for the Games, Khan said, “the CWG is around the corner and we as Indians should do everything possible to make our guests, coming from all over the world, feel welcome and comfortable.”
“I wish all Indian sportpersons very best,” the actor said.
Akhtar said he wished the country “all the very best” as it is hosting the Games for the first time.
The audio-visual campaign is aimed at building a crescendo for the mega sporting event and sensitise people about doing their best in making the Games a comfortable one for those coming from abroad.
The organisers are tightlipped about the other celebrities participating in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men