Aamir Khan, Javed Akhtar for CWG
New Delhi: Bollywood star Aamir Khan and lyricist Javed Akhtar will be among a host of celebrities promoting the upcoming Commonwealth Games through an audio-visual campaign.
The audio-visual campaign, for which the CWG Organising Committee has tied up with Network 18, will be launched tomorrow and it will have a host of personalities from a variety of fields.
Pledging support for the Games, Khan said, “the CWG is around the corner and we as Indians should do everything possible to make our guests, coming from all over the world, feel welcome and comfortable.”
“I wish all Indian sportpersons very best,” the actor said.
Akhtar said he wished the country “all the very best” as it is hosting the Games for the first time.
The audio-visual campaign is aimed at building a crescendo for the mega sporting event and sensitise people about doing their best in making the Games a comfortable one for those coming from abroad.
The organisers are tightlipped about the other celebrities participating in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'