Aamir Khan, Javed Akhtar for CWG
New Delhi: Bollywood star Aamir Khan and lyricist Javed Akhtar will be among a host of celebrities promoting the upcoming Commonwealth Games through an audio-visual campaign.
The audio-visual campaign, for which the CWG Organising Committee has tied up with Network 18, will be launched tomorrow and it will have a host of personalities from a variety of fields.
Pledging support for the Games, Khan said, “the CWG is around the corner and we as Indians should do everything possible to make our guests, coming from all over the world, feel welcome and comfortable.”
“I wish all Indian sportpersons very best,” the actor said.
Akhtar said he wished the country “all the very best” as it is hosting the Games for the first time.
The audio-visual campaign is aimed at building a crescendo for the mega sporting event and sensitise people about doing their best in making the Games a comfortable one for those coming from abroad.
The organisers are tightlipped about the other celebrities participating in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report