Aamir, Rahman to get Padma Bhushan
Mumbai: After Priyanka Chopra won the National Award in the best actress category for `Fashion` recently, it’s actor Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan along with living legends Rekha and Zohra Sehgal, who have made the Indian film industry proud.
On the occasion of 60th Republic Day, maverick actor Aamir Khan has bagged the coveted Padma Bhushan Award for his outstanding contribution to Hindi cinema. The 44-year-old perfectionist Khan, who made his directorial debut with the critically-acclaimed ‘Taare Zameen Par’ in 2007, recently came out with ‘3 Idiots’ that has become the highest-earning movie in Bollywood.
The coveted award has also been bestowed upon music maestro AR Rahman. Rahman won multiple Oscar and Golden Globe Awards last year for the music and background score of `Slumdog Millionaire`. He has also been nominated in 2010 for `Couples Retreat`.
And that’s not all, the ever so beautiful veteran actress Rekha and Bollywood heartthrob Saif Ali Khan have won the prestigious Padma Shri award for significant performances in the history of Hindi cinema.
Also, sources reveal that eminent theatre and film personality Zohra Sehgal is also likely to be given Padma Shri.
The awards that were announced early on Monday sure come as pleasant surprise for the Indian film fraternity. Kudos to the winners!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends