Aamir, Shah Rukh are `2 Idiots`: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: After initiating a tirade against Shah Rukh Khan for supporting the inclusion of Pakistani cricketers in the IPL, the Shiv Sena is now attacking Aamir Khan for voicing his opinion in favour of Pakistani cricketers.
In another show of extremism, the political party has even named the two superstars as ‘2 Idiots’, severely criticizing them for favouring the opponents.
"In real life, Aamir and Shah Rukh have been proved as `2 Idiots` as both are making stupid statements supporting the cause of Pakistani cricketers. On the one hand, while SRK is openly displaying his love for Pakistani players, Aamir has even put nationalistic sentiments in his utterances on this issue,” said a statement in the party`s Hindi mouthpiece ‘Dopahar Ka Saamna’.
"According to Aamir, if any cricketer is good, he would like to have him in his team, it makes no difference to him which country he belongs to," said the statement.
Added to this, the statement is accompanied by a digitally altered picture of Aamir’s recent record blockbuster film, ‘3 Idiots’. It shows the head of popping out of a drum while SRK pouts from another drum.
Earlier, Aamir had said that if he were to select IPL players he would do so only on the basis of their performance and not nationality.
The Shiv Sena had already hit out at Shah Rukh, who is also the Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner, after he said he would have picked a Pakistani player for IPL matches if his team had a slot. The party has banned his films.
Shiv Sena Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut said if the actor was so keen on them, "he could go play his matches in Lahore, not in India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren