Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: No respite to Talwars in Supreme Court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday showed no leniency to dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, accused of killing their teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj and dismissed their petition for calling 14 other witnesses to record their statements. .
The vacation bench that heard their plea instead chastised them for `wasting the court`s time`.
The Talwar couple had approached the apex court challenging the order of the special CBI court rejecting their plea for calling 14 other witnesses, including ADG (Law and Order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar, to record their statements.
The trial court had dismissed their petition on May 6 and ordered recording of statements of Rajesh and Nupur, who are the main accused.
The statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
CBI has alleged in court that 14-year-old Aarushi`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the special court, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had submitted that the agency`s investigation had revealed no evidence of any third person`s entry into the Talwar`s residence.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008.
The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi