Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: No respite to Talwars in Supreme Court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday showed no leniency to dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, accused of killing their teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj and dismissed their petition for calling 14 other witnesses to record their statements. .
The vacation bench that heard their plea instead chastised them for `wasting the court`s time`.
The Talwar couple had approached the apex court challenging the order of the special CBI court rejecting their plea for calling 14 other witnesses, including ADG (Law and Order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar, to record their statements.
The trial court had dismissed their petition on May 6 and ordered recording of statements of Rajesh and Nupur, who are the main accused.
The statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
CBI has alleged in court that 14-year-old Aarushi`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the special court, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had submitted that the agency`s investigation had revealed no evidence of any third person`s entry into the Talwar`s residence.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008.
The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what