Abhaya case: Contempt petition posted to Sept 8
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday posted to
September 8, a contempt petition filed against CBI DYSP
Nandakumaran Nair and former Forensic Science Assistant
Director Dr S Malini alleging non-compliance of the court`s
The case was adjourned by a division bench, comprising
Justice K Balakrishnan Nair and P S Gopinath, while
considering the request of petitioner M Thomas, father of
Sister Abhaya, to grant time for filing reply.
Abhaya had been found murdered at the Pius convent 17
years ago and CBI which investigated the case had filed
charge sheet against two priests and a nun in connection
with her death.
The petitioner alleged that Nandakumaran and Malini
despite court directions failed to retrieve the original CDs
of the narco test conducted on the three accused -- Thomas M
Kottoor, Jose Puthrikayil and Sister Sephy -- and thereby had
The same bench also adjourned the petition filed by
former Kottayam SP K T Michael against the order of a
magistrate court to conduct narco analysis on him.
The petition has been posted after a month in the light of
the stay order granted by the Supreme Court in a case filed by
three witnesses who challenged the narco test against them in
the Abhaya case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore