Abhaya case: Kerala HC reserves order on contempt petition
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday
reserved order on a contempt petition seeking action against a
CBI officer and a former official of Forensic Science
Laboratory, Bangalore for alleged non-compliance of court
directions in Sister Abhaya murder case.
The petition was filed by M Thomas, father of Abhaya,
who was found murdered in a well at the premises of Pius X
Convent at Kottayam near here, in March 1992.
The petitioner complained that investigating officer
DySP Nandakumaran Nair and Dr S Malini, former Assistant
Director of Forensic Science Laboratory, had failed to comply
with the court directions that the original CDs of the narco
tests conducted on the three accused in the case be produced
in the court.
A division bench of justices K Balakrishnan Nair and
and P Bhavadasan reserved orders on the petition.
The CBI had arrested two priests -- Thomas Kotoor and
Jose Puthrikayil -- and Sister Sephy on the charge of murder
in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport