Abhaya case: Sreekumar is CBI Special Public Prosecutor
Kochi: Advocate S Sreekumar has been appointed
CBI Special Public Prosecutor in the Abhaya murder case in the
Kerala High Court.
The Central government`s Department of Personnel and
Training issued the order in this regard.
Sreekumar had earlier served as CBI counsel.
The present counsel M V S Namboodri will continue as CBI
counsel, court sources said.
The case relates to the murder of Sister Abhaya, an inmate
of the Pius Convent at Kottayam, whose body was found in the
well of the convent in March 1992. CBI has filed charge sheet
in the case against two priests and a nun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America