Abhaya case: Sreekumar is CBI Special Public Prosecutor
Kochi: Advocate S Sreekumar has been appointed
CBI Special Public Prosecutor in the Abhaya murder case in the
Kerala High Court.
The Central government`s Department of Personnel and
Training issued the order in this regard.
Sreekumar had earlier served as CBI counsel.
The present counsel M V S Namboodri will continue as CBI
counsel, court sources said.
The case relates to the murder of Sister Abhaya, an inmate
of the Pius Convent at Kottayam, whose body was found in the
well of the convent in March 1992. CBI has filed charge sheet
in the case against two priests and a nun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah