Abhaya case: Sreekumar is CBI Special Public Prosecutor
Kochi: Advocate S Sreekumar has been appointed
CBI Special Public Prosecutor in the Abhaya murder case in the
Kerala High Court.
The Central government`s Department of Personnel and
Training issued the order in this regard.
Sreekumar had earlier served as CBI counsel.
The present counsel M V S Namboodri will continue as CBI
counsel, court sources said.
The case relates to the murder of Sister Abhaya, an inmate
of the Pius Convent at Kottayam, whose body was found in the
well of the convent in March 1992. CBI has filed charge sheet
in the case against two priests and a nun.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!