Abhaya murder case: SC judge recuses from hearing
New Delhi: A Supreme Court Bench today
recused itself from hearing the sister Abhaya murder case in
which CBI has sought cancellation of bail granted to the three
A Bench of Justice D K Jain and H L Dattu referred the
matter to Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan for allocating it
before another Bench as Justice Dattu said he was recusing
himself from hearing the matter.
However, reasons were not known as to why Justice
Dattu recused himself from hearing the matter.
CBI has filed an appeal against the grant of bail by
the Kerala High Court to the accused, Father Thomas Kottoor,
Father Jose Puthrikayil and Sister Sephy in the Abhaya murder
case of 1992.
Sister Abhaya`s body was found in a well of St. Pius
convent, of which she was an inmate.
The CBI also informed the Kerala High Court on August
10 that a former Karnataka HC chief justice and now a Supreme
Court judge had viewed the three CDs containing the narco
tests conducted on the accused in the case.
The apex court on August 13 had stayed the
narco-analysis test of three key witnesses -- sister
Sherly, Thresiamma and Achamma who had challenged the Kerala
High Court order which had refused their plea against the
trial court order of narco test.
The three witnesses, who were inmates along with
sister Abhaya at St Pius convent, Kotayyam contended that the
trial court had directed their narco test without securing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi