Abhinav Bindra shoots another Gold in Dutch tourney
New Delhi: Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra
continued to shoot gold, notching up a second top spot in the
10m air rifle event of the 33rd InterShoot tournament in
Hague, The Netherlands.
The reigning world champion made a shaky start in the
qualification with a series of 98 but then shot three
consecutive series of perfect 100, 100, 100 followed by 98 and
99 to register a score of 595.
In the final, Bindra shot 103.7 to clinch the title with
a total score of 698.7.
The silver was won by Tinu Mohaupt of Germany with a
score of 697.2 (592+105.2) while the bronze medal went to
Peter Hellenbrand of Netherlands with a score of 695.7
On Thursday, Bindra had shot 700.1 (596+104.1) to claim
the gold in the first match of the triple competition.
Earlier, Bindra had equalled his Beijing Games
qualification score of 596 at the RIAC Cup in Luxembourg in
December 2009 and at the IWK Grand Prix in Munich last week.
In the women`s event, India`s Suma Shirur won the gold
with a score of 497.5 (395+102.5).
Avneet Sidhu won the silver with a score of 495.5
(393+102.5) while Pournima Zanane finished seventh with a
score of 488.1 (389+99.1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman