Abhinav Bindra shoots another Gold in Dutch tourney
New Delhi: Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra
continued to shoot gold, notching up a second top spot in the
10m air rifle event of the 33rd InterShoot tournament in
Hague, The Netherlands.
The reigning world champion made a shaky start in the
qualification with a series of 98 but then shot three
consecutive series of perfect 100, 100, 100 followed by 98 and
99 to register a score of 595.
In the final, Bindra shot 103.7 to clinch the title with
a total score of 698.7.
The silver was won by Tinu Mohaupt of Germany with a
score of 697.2 (592+105.2) while the bronze medal went to
Peter Hellenbrand of Netherlands with a score of 695.7
On Thursday, Bindra had shot 700.1 (596+104.1) to claim
the gold in the first match of the triple competition.
Earlier, Bindra had equalled his Beijing Games
qualification score of 596 at the RIAC Cup in Luxembourg in
December 2009 and at the IWK Grand Prix in Munich last week.
In the women`s event, India`s Suma Shirur won the gold
with a score of 497.5 (395+102.5).
Avneet Sidhu won the silver with a score of 495.5
(393+102.5) while Pournima Zanane finished seventh with a
score of 488.1 (389+99.1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...