Abhishek grabs sole lead
New Delhi: Notwithstanding an over-par card,Abhishek Jha shot into sole lead after the penultimate round
of the Northern India Amateur Championship at the Delhi Golf
Club here today.
Abhishek, the winner of Tamil Nadu open, was leading the
second-placed Ankur Chadha by one-stroke even after returning
a card of one-over 73.
The 22-year-old Jha began with a bang as he birdied the
par-5 first but could not continue with momentum.
"I was quite disappointed with a few of my bogeys as I
needlessly missed some putts but I am still confident of my
chances with a one-shot lead in hand. I was quite surprised
that everyone else also seemed to be falling back. No one
really expected Rashid to shoot six-over today but he will
surely bounce back and even Ankur seems to be having a good
week," Jha said.
The 15-year-old Ankur managed a birdie on the final hole
to get to level-par for the tournament and will be playing in
the leadergroup tomorrow in his first tournament on the
Amateur Tour after a 74 today.
Local hope Rashid Khan also fared miserably as he failed
to regain control after a double bogey on the opening hole and
finished with a round of six-over 78.
First round leader SK Lakra shot the best round of the
day with another round of 70 and is currently three-over for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority