Abhishek grabs sole lead
New Delhi: Notwithstanding an over-par card,Abhishek Jha shot into sole lead after the penultimate round
of the Northern India Amateur Championship at the Delhi Golf
Club here today.
Abhishek, the winner of Tamil Nadu open, was leading the
second-placed Ankur Chadha by one-stroke even after returning
a card of one-over 73.
The 22-year-old Jha began with a bang as he birdied the
par-5 first but could not continue with momentum.
"I was quite disappointed with a few of my bogeys as I
needlessly missed some putts but I am still confident of my
chances with a one-shot lead in hand. I was quite surprised
that everyone else also seemed to be falling back. No one
really expected Rashid to shoot six-over today but he will
surely bounce back and even Ankur seems to be having a good
week," Jha said.
The 15-year-old Ankur managed a birdie on the final hole
to get to level-par for the tournament and will be playing in
the leadergroup tomorrow in his first tournament on the
Amateur Tour after a 74 today.
Local hope Rashid Khan also fared miserably as he failed
to regain control after a double bogey on the opening hole and
finished with a round of six-over 78.
First round leader SK Lakra shot the best round of the
day with another round of 70 and is currently three-over for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday