ABJASS to oppose Congress-RLD alliance in UP polls
Mathura: The Akhil Bhartiya Jat Arakshan
Sangharsh Samiti, a prominent organisation of Jats, has
decided to launch a campaign against the Congress-Rashtriya
Lok Dal alliance in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh polls.
We are "disappointed" by the Congress as we suspended our
stir last year on assurance by the Centre that our demand for
jobs in Central government under the OBC category would be
taken within six months, Chaudhary Yashpal Mullick, National
president of ABJASS told reporters On Saturday.
"We have identified 117 assembly constituencies where the
concentration of Jats is more and the organisation would
support any contestant, who is in a position to defeat
RLD-Congress candidate," Mullick said.
"Three days prior to polling in these assembly seats, we
would appeal to people to reject the Congress-RLD candidates,"
"We, virtually would give Fatwa type call for the defeat
of Congress-RLD candidates, at least three days prior to
voting. It would be ensured through door-to-door communication
as we have got 100 teams," he stated.
We do not have any grudge against SP, BSP or even BJP as
in principle they are supporting the agitation, he said.
"We want reservation within 27 percent," he asserted.
On March 18, 2011, Jats in UP had decided to suspend
their pro-quota agitation for six months, a day after their
Haryana counterparts called off their three-week-long stir,
which caused massive disruption of rail traffic in the north.
The decision to suspend the stir was taken by a panchayat
of Jats, chaired by ABJASS president Mullick. It came in
response to an assurance from the Centre that a decision on
the Jats` demand for jobs in Central government under the OBC
category would be taken within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway