Accept spirit of Ayodhya verdict before any negotiation: RSS
New Delhi: The RSS on Thursday made it clear that a negotiated settlement of the Ayodhya issue was possible only when Muslims groups "accept the spirit" of the Allahabad HC verdict and not challenge the title suit judgement in the Supreme Court.
This assertion comes a day after a section of Muslim and
Hindu groups including All India Muslim Personal Law Board
(AIMPLB) and RSS met in New Delhi in an effort to seek ways
for negotiations to settle the vexed issue.
"A negotiated settlement to the Ayodhya dispute is
possible only when they accept the spirit of the verdict--that
Hindus believe the site to the birth place of Lord Ram--and if
they do not go to the Apex Court to challenge the Allahabad
court`s judgement", RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav said here
Asked if meetings held by various groups in different
cities over the issue was a way to achieve a solution, Madhav
told PTI, "We (RSS) are not engaged in any talks or dialogue
but at different levels, people are discussing the issues."
He said the `sant uchadhikar samiti` (empowered body of
Hindu leaders) is the only body that can take the decision as
to whether to take a legal recourse or go for an out of court
After yesterday`s meeting, Jamiat-ulma-e-hind leader
Mahmood Madni minced no words in saying that "Muslims would
not part with their claim to any part of the mosque".
Incidentally, on the same day a body comprising Vishwa
Hindu Parishad and religious leaders in Ayodhya decided to
challenge the Allahabad High Court judgement relating to the
three-way division of the disputed land in the Supreme
Madhav said the RSS` stand was that "If the Muslim groups
abide by the spirit of the Allahabad court verdict and agree
that a mosque can be erected at another site, then we can talk
The RSS leader added that the matter would be discussed
in detail during the upcoming national executive of the
organisation to be held in Jalgaon.
In a majority 2-1 verdict, the Lucknow Bench of the
Court had on September 30 ruled the entire disputed land
should be divided into three equal parts among the Sunni Waqf
Board, the Nirmohi Akhara and the parties representing `Ram
Lalla Virajman` (seated Baby Ram).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’