Accused in Nimbalkar case surrenders before Panvel court
Mumbai: An accused in the 2006 murder case of Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar on Tuesday surrendered before a local court which remanded him to judicial custody till September 9.
Sashikant Kulkarni, a government employee and
brother-in-law of an accused Satish Mandade appeared before a
magistrate in Panvel stating that he feared CBI will arrest
him and take his custody in the murder case.
According to CBI, Kulkarni had paid a sum of Rs four lakh
to the other accused who has been arrested to purchase weapons
and a vehicle.
CBI officials said they would approach the Panvel court
tomorrow and seek Kulkarni`s custody to interrogate him.
The CBI had, in August, filed a 5000-page chargesheet in
the case naming suspended NCP leader Padamsinh Patil as the
According to the CBI, Patil had paid a `supari` (contract
killing sum) of Rs 30 lakh to murder Nimbalkar due to
political and business rivalry.
The other accused in the case are - Satish Mandade, Mohan
Shukla, Parasmal Jain, Dinesh Tiwari, Pintu Singh and Chotu
All the accused have been charged with criminal
conspiracy and double murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH