Acer India launches five tablets under Iconia series
Mumbai: Acer India today launched five tablets under the Iconia brand, priced between Rs 27,990-Rs 70,000.
The world`s second largest PC vendor launched five tablets -- Iconia Tab A500, Iconia dual screen notebook, Iconia A100, Iconia smart A300 and Iconia W500.
The company brings in the full capacitive Acer Iconia tab A500 on both Android Honeycomb 3.0 and Windows 7 platform.
"With the launch of the Iconia range of tablets in India, we believe this technology will change the dynamics of consuming digital content.
With the growing demand for the tablets in India, we expect tablets to significantly contribute to our overall revenue in the calendar year 2011," Acer India Managing Director W S Mukund told reporters here.
The company has a 10.6 per cent market share in India and has clocked a Rs 2,550 crore revenue (January-December) in 2010.
Acer India plans to double its dealership network to 5,000 from present 2,500 by end-this year. It has a manufacturing facility in Pondicherry, with a capacity of 70,000 units per month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'