Action against Achuthanandan taken unanimously: Karat
Kozhikode: CPI-M`s decision to "demote"
Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan from the Politburo to
the central committee was unanimous, party General Secretary
Prakash Karat asserted on Friday.
Addressing party office bearers at the north zonal
meeting held at Vadakara to report the central committee`s
decision, Karat said strict action would be taken against
those violating party discipline irrespective of the position
Karat hoped that Achuthanandan would "correct his
mistakes" and work in accordance with the directives of the
party leadership and execute duties assigned to him by the
party as Chief Minister.
Party activists from Kasaragod, Kannur, Wayanad and
Kozhikode districts took part in the first zonal meeting. The
meetings of the central and southern zones would be held in
the coming days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India