Action against Achuthanandan taken unanimously: Karat
Kozhikode: CPI-M`s decision to "demote"
Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan from the Politburo to
the central committee was unanimous, party General Secretary
Prakash Karat asserted on Friday.
Addressing party office bearers at the north zonal
meeting held at Vadakara to report the central committee`s
decision, Karat said strict action would be taken against
those violating party discipline irrespective of the position
Karat hoped that Achuthanandan would "correct his
mistakes" and work in accordance with the directives of the
party leadership and execute duties assigned to him by the
party as Chief Minister.
Party activists from Kasaragod, Kannur, Wayanad and
Kozhikode districts took part in the first zonal meeting. The
meetings of the central and southern zones would be held in
the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter