Action against those found guilty by Shunglu Committee: Maken
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken on Wednesday
assured that action would certainly be taken against any
official of his ministry who is found guilty by the V K
Shunglu committee set up to inquire into irregularities in the
preparations of last year`s Commonwealth Games.
"If anyone in the Sports ministry is found guilty, action
will surely be taken against him," said Maken on the sidelines
of a function to felicitate the members of Indian football
team, who participated in 1960 Rome Olympics.
The Shunglu committee was appointed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to probe into corruption in the preparations of
2010 Delhi Games.
In one of its reports, the Shunglu panel had accused the
Sports Ministry of pretending to be completely ignorant of the
sacked Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi`s decision
to grant Rs 33 crore "without any authority or prior
consultation" to 72 Commonwealth Games associations in various
countries at the Montego Bay meeting in 2003, which allotted
the Games to New Delhi.
"Although the ministry was aware of this announcement
since it had answered a parliament question on 2nd Dec, 2003
on this subject, it feigned complete ignorance and seemed
surprised," the panel had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared