Adamant Modi doesn’t `need news channels`
Mumbai: In a shocking and stubborn statement, IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has turned down requests from NBA on use of match footage by news channels.
Blaming National Broadcasters` Association (NBA) for the ongoing impasse, Lalit Modi has ruled out any further negotiations and said the boycott would benefit Sony TV, IPL’s official broadcasting partner.
"I think with the boycott of NBA, of course, the ratings should go higher without any doubt. All in all, it is good, because we expect higher ratings; people who want to tune in have to tune in to Sony, even if for a few seconds. We are not worried, we have no issues. Of course, it would be nice if the news channels came on board but not on the conditions that they have proposed. I have informed them that the conditions will not be accepted by the governing council of revision of their own conditions which they had proposed," Modi was quoted as saying by a popular website.
"The status of the NBA is quite strange. We had reached an agreement on a document that they had provided us and we signed it internally and got the governing council to approve it,” Modi claimed.
"The preparations are in full swing and there are no hiccups. We all are ready to go. We have planned a very good opening night as well as opening ceremony with a spectacular laser and fireworks show," Modi said at a media conference to announce IPL`s latest tie-up with Karbonn Mobiles today.
Modi said the boycott by the TV news channels is continuing though they had accepted a new set of proposals two nights ago.
"National Broadcasters` Association`s is a strange case,” Modi remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday