Adebayor accuses Arsenal of selling him for more money
London: Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor has accused Arsenal of being in a hurry to sell him off to Manchester City because they needed the money.
Manchester City purchased Adebayor for 25 million pounds, and he now plans to nick the Gunners chances of a Champions League spot.
Adebayor claims that the switch to Eastlands was not about money and more about realizing some of his long-standing ambitions in the coming years.
"When I came back from holiday, I landed on July 13 and my agent told me I was going to speak with the club. When I did, he told me they had come to an agreement with another club. It was a difficult decision to make. But I went away and thought now is the time for another challenge. It took about a week to sort everything out. He didn``t really say why they wanted to sell me, but I found out that they need the money and someone had to leave - that was me,” a leading daily quoted Adebayor, as saying about the Arsenal management.
"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger put me where I am today but, he cannot stand up and say last summer I told him I wanted to leave. I told him I wanted to stay. I don``t think our relationship is broken. I think they need the money and need to sell someone. They chose me and they got their money. I hope they spend it quite well and go forward. I send them all my regards,” he added.
Adebayor signed a deal worth around 150,000 pounds a week at Eastlands.
Meanwhile, Arsenal is poised to make a move for Marseille captain Lorik Cana.
The Albanian midfielder, 25, missed out on a trial with the Gunners earlier in his career after being refused a visa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`