Adebayor feeling insulted
London: Manchester City ace Emmanuel Adebayor is feeling insulted at the way he received an email on holiday telling him that he could only train with the reserves from now on and that he will never be part of the first-team squad.
Adebayor has agreed to return to Manchester City training on Monday even though he remains devastated by the club’s treatment.
The striker is angry at the way he was omitted from City’s current tour of America.
The striker, who refuses to attend training this week, believes the way he has been treated is effectively constructive dismissal, a daily reports.
“I don’t know what I have done wrong. I get an email, out of the blue, on my holidays telling me I wasn’t going on the tour and they told me I am not going to train with the first team,” Adebayor said.
“It’s an insult to me to tell me I am now only fit to train with the reserves. I will return to training but I feel I’ve been let down and disrespected,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!