Adebayor keen to show Arsenal what they are missing
Manchester: Manchester City`s in-form striker Emmanuel Adebayor faces Arsenal on Saturday and is relishing the chance to show his former club what they are missing, manager Mark Hughes said on Friday.
Adebayor, who has scored in each of City`s opening three victories, endured a disappointing final season at the Emirates before moving to Eastlands, where he was joined by Arsenal defender Kolo Toure.
"When you leave you do look for the first occasion when you go up against them and your former team-mates. They`re looking forward to it with relish," Hughes told reporters.
"Mostly because they`re really enjoying what`s happening here and being a big part of that and want to show what they`re capable of in their new team.
"Both guys have a huge amount of respect for their former club and were a big part of the success they`ve had but everybody moves on.”
"Now they want to show that when you leave a club such as Arsenal or one of the top four clubs, people think it`s a downward step but it`s not when you come to a club like Manchester City."
Hughes thought Arsenal would struggle to cope with Adebayor such was the Togo international`s quality and belief.
"To have a player like Ade who has huge physical presence and a huge amount of technical ability, bring all that together with a guy who is full of confidence, it`s a difficult package for opposition teams to deal with," he said.
"Every day he comes into training and he wants to work and wants to get better.”
"He`s enjoying the company of his team mates and playing with a huge smile on his face and scoring goals as well.”
"What you find with a player like Ade, irrespective of what you try to do as an opposition manager, it`s very difficult when you`ve got a player at the top of his form."
Carlos Tevez will miss the game with a knee problem, while Robinho is due to have a scan on an ankle injury and is doubtful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata