Adebayor no longer wanted at Manchester City
London: Togolese footballer Emmanuel Adebayor looks set for a free transfer to Tottenham Hotspur, just two years after Manchester City paid 25 million pounds for his services.
According to a leading daily, Adebayor is no longer wanted at the Etihad Stadium and will be allowed to leave so that the club can remove his wages from their outgoings.
But despite not having to pay a penny for the striker, Spurs are not keen on a free transfer as they cannot afford Adebayor’s salary.
The 27-year-old currently earns 170,000 pounds-a-week and there is a 65,000 pound wage cap in place at Tottenham.
“It is in the hands of the chairman. I spoke to him some time ago about Adebayor and I would like to bring him to White Hart Lane if we can do a deal with City. But it would only be on loan,” Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!