Adebayor not scared of playing on Arsenal home ground
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has said that he is not scared of playing in front of fans of his former club Arsenal on April 24 next year.
Manchester City’s home encounter with Arsenal had Adebayor facing his old teammates, where he stamped on former team-mate Robin van Persie’s head and later sparked trouble by running 80 yards to celebrate his goal in front of Arsenal supporters at Eastlands.
“I can go and play at the Emirates for the return game, why not? I play for Manchester City and if they want me to go and play, I will play,” The Sun quoted Adebayor, as saying.
Adebayor is likely to face an improper conduct charges and faces a six-match ban after his clash with Van Persie left a cut on his (Van Persie) cheek.
In another incident, one steward was taken to hospital and fans were injured as trouble flared after Adebayor taunted the visitors at Eastlands.
“I was at the game. So, I saw it with my own eyes. I was pretty unimpressed because the problems between the Arsenal fans and Adebayor are well documented, but he still ran the whole length of the field to celebrate,” said Ian Watmore, CEO of FA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'