Adebayor ready to take on his brothers at Arsenal
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has said that it will be like a family at war when he lines up against his former team Arsenal in 10 days` time.
The Togo striker has started his City career in impressive fashion, scoring three league goals in as many games since arriving from the Gunners in a 25 million pounds deal.
It has put big-spending City in the top four already and they now face a huge match with the Gunners a week on Saturday.
Adebayor still refers to his former Arsenal teammates Emmanuel Eboue, Gael Clichy and Alex Song as his brothers.
But there will be no love lost when they go head-to-head at Eastlands as City looks to continue their impressive start to the season.
"I don`t think I have anything that I need to show Arsenal. We all know how good they are - but now I play for City so I`ll do everything to help this team now," he said.
"It`ll be a good game and will be funny as well playing against players who I see like brothers - such as Song, Clichy and Eboue. Playing against them will be strange - but it is going to be good.”
"I`m looking forward to it because I`m going to be up against old teammates, ones who made me into a better player," he added.
Adebayor, 25, admits he owes Arsenal for giving him his chance in English football, although that will not stop him looking to shoot them down.
"Those people believed in my quality when I first came to this country. To play against that club is going to be very special for me. To play against Arsene Wenger will be something special," he said.
Adebayor has already become a cult figure among City fans and says their support is driving him on to greater things.
That is in stark contrast to his relationship with the Emirates faithful, which resulted in an angry outburst when he opted for a switch to City in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender