Adebayor relishing clash with City team mate Toure
London: Togo`s Emmanuel Adebayor is looking forward to taking on Manchester City colleague Kolo Toure when his team meet Ivory Coast in the African Nations Cup group stages.
Togo start their campaign in Angola with a Group B encounter against Ghana on Monday. They then meet Burkina Faso four days later before clashing with Ivory Coast on Jan. 19.
"I`m waiting for a tough game against (defender) Kolo," striker Adebayor told reporters. "Whenever he is playing against a friend he is always trying to win and then he will have a little laugh after the game.”
"As a professional I just have to keep focused and play against Kolo. It will be a fun game, I just have to hope we win."
Adebayor is aiming to put his season back on track with a strong performance for Togo this month.
He scored in his first four Premier League matches after moving from Arsenal to City in the close season but his campaign has stuttered since he received a three-match ban for stamping on former team mate Robin van Persie in September.
Adebayor said the match against Ivory Coast would be billed as a confrontation between him and Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
"In Africa people always make it big whenever I`ve had the chance to play him for Arsenal or now with City," he said.
"People try to make it Adebayor v Drogba which I can understand. Drogba is massive in Ivory Coast and Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof