Adebayor returning to Britain after bus attack: Club
London: Togo football captain Emmanuel Adebayor is returning from the African Nations Cup after two squad members died after a machine-gun attack on team buses in Angola, his English club said.
"Adebayor returning home from Angola," Premier League Manchester City announced in a statement on their website.
The club`s press office said officials were "in regular contact with Adebayor" but could not say when he was expected in Britain.
The Togo assistant coach and the squad spokesman died in Friday`s attack by hooded gunmen who sprayed the buses with gunfire as they travelled through the restive northern Cabinda enclave, according to an African football official.
The attack was claimed by the separatist Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda (FLEC), which has been fighting for decades for the independence of the oil-rich territory.
Adebayor told the BBC early Saturday that he would be discussing with his team-mates whether they should stay on for their group matches in Cabinda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof