Adebayor returning to Britain after bus attack: Club
London: Togo football captain Emmanuel Adebayor is returning from the African Nations Cup after two squad members died after a machine-gun attack on team buses in Angola, his English club said.
"Adebayor returning home from Angola," Premier League Manchester City announced in a statement on their website.
The club`s press office said officials were "in regular contact with Adebayor" but could not say when he was expected in Britain.
The Togo assistant coach and the squad spokesman died in Friday`s attack by hooded gunmen who sprayed the buses with gunfire as they travelled through the restive northern Cabinda enclave, according to an African football official.
The attack was claimed by the separatist Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda (FLEC), which has been fighting for decades for the independence of the oil-rich territory.
Adebayor told the BBC early Saturday that he would be discussing with his team-mates whether they should stay on for their group matches in Cabinda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested