Adebayor will shrug off Arsenal incident, say City
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor will shrug off the incident that occurred against Arsenal in September when he meets his old team again in Wednesday`s League Cup tie, said manager Mark Hughes.
Adebayor was charged with improper conduct after running the length of the field to goad Arsenal fans when he scored against their club in the Premier League game won 4-2 by hosts City.
"We`ve drawn a line under that," Hughes told reporters on the eve of Wednesday`s home quarter-final. "It is a new game, probably against different personnel in terms of the team Arsenal are likely to pick, so I don`t see it as an issue."
"Ade was very apologetic almost immediately and people possibly ignored that in the aftermath of what went on. He apologised, took his punishment as he had to, and we move on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway