Adebayor will shrug off Arsenal incident, say City
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor will shrug off the incident that occurred against Arsenal in September when he meets his old team again in Wednesday`s League Cup tie, said manager Mark Hughes.
Adebayor was charged with improper conduct after running the length of the field to goad Arsenal fans when he scored against their club in the Premier League game won 4-2 by hosts City.
"We`ve drawn a line under that," Hughes told reporters on the eve of Wednesday`s home quarter-final. "It is a new game, probably against different personnel in terms of the team Arsenal are likely to pick, so I don`t see it as an issue."
"Ade was very apologetic almost immediately and people possibly ignored that in the aftermath of what went on. He apologised, took his punishment as he had to, and we move on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family