ADM assault: Corporator surrenders, MLA still absconding
Varanasi: More than a month after allegedly
assaulting an Additional District Magistrate, Samajwadi Party
Corporator Manoj Rai Dhoopchandi on Wednesday surrendered before a local court and was granted interim bail.
The Corporator surrendered before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate B K Jaiswal and moved a bail application
which was, however, rejected.
Later, a Sessions Court granted interim bail to him and
fixed September 11 for further hearing on the matter.
Dhoopchandi was absconding since the alleged attack on
the ADM (Protocol), Varanasi, on July 27.
Another key accused in the case, an SP MLA from Varanasi
North, Abdul Samad Ansari, is still absconding.
Dhoopchandi and Ansari had allegedly assaulted the ADM at
his office after he refused to issue a solvency certificate to
a PWD contractor known to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack