ADM assault: Corporator surrenders, MLA still absconding
Varanasi: More than a month after allegedly
assaulting an Additional District Magistrate, Samajwadi Party
Corporator Manoj Rai Dhoopchandi on Wednesday surrendered before a local court and was granted interim bail.
The Corporator surrendered before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate B K Jaiswal and moved a bail application
which was, however, rejected.
Later, a Sessions Court granted interim bail to him and
fixed September 11 for further hearing on the matter.
Dhoopchandi was absconding since the alleged attack on
the ADM (Protocol), Varanasi, on July 27.
Another key accused in the case, an SP MLA from Varanasi
North, Abdul Samad Ansari, is still absconding.
Dhoopchandi and Ansari had allegedly assaulted the ADM at
his office after he refused to issue a solvency certificate to
a PWD contractor known to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...