ADM assault: Corporator surrenders, MLA still absconding
Varanasi: More than a month after allegedly
assaulting an Additional District Magistrate, Samajwadi Party
Corporator Manoj Rai Dhoopchandi on Wednesday surrendered before a local court and was granted interim bail.
The Corporator surrendered before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate B K Jaiswal and moved a bail application
which was, however, rejected.
Later, a Sessions Court granted interim bail to him and
fixed September 11 for further hearing on the matter.
Dhoopchandi was absconding since the alleged attack on
the ADM (Protocol), Varanasi, on July 27.
Another key accused in the case, an SP MLA from Varanasi
North, Abdul Samad Ansari, is still absconding.
Dhoopchandi and Ansari had allegedly assaulted the ADM at
his office after he refused to issue a solvency certificate to
a PWD contractor known to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief