ADM assault: Corporator surrenders, MLA still absconding
Varanasi: More than a month after allegedly
assaulting an Additional District Magistrate, Samajwadi Party
Corporator Manoj Rai Dhoopchandi on Wednesday surrendered before a local court and was granted interim bail.
The Corporator surrendered before the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate B K Jaiswal and moved a bail application
which was, however, rejected.
Later, a Sessions Court granted interim bail to him and
fixed September 11 for further hearing on the matter.
Dhoopchandi was absconding since the alleged attack on
the ADM (Protocol), Varanasi, on July 27.
Another key accused in the case, an SP MLA from Varanasi
North, Abdul Samad Ansari, is still absconding.
Dhoopchandi and Ansari had allegedly assaulted the ADM at
his office after he refused to issue a solvency certificate to
a PWD contractor known to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state