Advani should reveal facts about Kandahar issue: UP Cong
Lucknow: The UP Congress on Saturday asked
senior BJP leader L K Advani to come clean on the revelations
by his former colleague Jaswant Singh regarding the Kandahar
issue and demanded a judicial probe into it.
Singh had yesterday said that Advani aware of the
decision to release the three terrorists.
Advani had so far maintained that he was not in the
know of the decision to release the terrorists in 1999 for the
freedom of over 160 hostages kept in the Indian Airlines plane
that was hijacked.
"In the light of revelations made by Singh and the
stand maintained by Advani, either of them is not stating the
facts, and Advani should himself request Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh for a judicial inquiry by a sitting apex court
judge as the people of the country had a right to know the
details of an issue which is related to security of the
country", Pramod Tewari, leader of the Congress legislative
party, told news-persons here.
Regarding the recent bypolls in the state, results of
which were announced yesterday, he said Congress` vote per
cent has increased "manifold".
"Despite odds, my party registered 10 to 20 per cent
hike in the vote percentage," he claimed.
Four Assembly seats went to polls in the state on August
18 and BSP bagged three of them while the RLD bagged one.
Tewari said his party will be the main rival of ruling
BSP in the 2012 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information