Advani should reveal facts about Kandahar issue: UP Cong
Lucknow: The UP Congress on Saturday asked
senior BJP leader L K Advani to come clean on the revelations
by his former colleague Jaswant Singh regarding the Kandahar
issue and demanded a judicial probe into it.
Singh had yesterday said that Advani aware of the
decision to release the three terrorists.
Advani had so far maintained that he was not in the
know of the decision to release the terrorists in 1999 for the
freedom of over 160 hostages kept in the Indian Airlines plane
that was hijacked.
"In the light of revelations made by Singh and the
stand maintained by Advani, either of them is not stating the
facts, and Advani should himself request Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh for a judicial inquiry by a sitting apex court
judge as the people of the country had a right to know the
details of an issue which is related to security of the
country", Pramod Tewari, leader of the Congress legislative
party, told news-persons here.
Regarding the recent bypolls in the state, results of
which were announced yesterday, he said Congress` vote per
cent has increased "manifold".
"Despite odds, my party registered 10 to 20 per cent
hike in the vote percentage," he claimed.
Four Assembly seats went to polls in the state on August
18 and BSP bagged three of them while the RLD bagged one.
Tewari said his party will be the main rival of ruling
BSP in the 2012 Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible