After winning Montreal, Button eyes European GP
Valencia: Mclaren’s Jenson Button plans to continue his good run after a career best in Montreal and win the European Grand Prix in Valencia.
Button is also looking to turn up the heat on the Red Bull racer Sebastian Vettel as he bids for back-to-back wins.
“That last race will have hurt him (Vettel) mentally. Not me being faster than him but him making the mistake. Hopefully that will play on his mind and give us a chance this race. And it does make me smile because it shows what can happen if we put them under pressure,” Button was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
Button won a the Canadian Grand Prix despite meeting two crashes, one with his McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton and fice pit stops.
He was last in the race at one point but made his way to take the lead when Vettel finally cracked and ran wide half-a-lap from the finish line.
"We have got to keep putting Red Bull under pressure. They had issues in pit stops in Monaco a couple of times, putting the wrong tyres on the car and then Seb running wide in Montreal. They are so fast and Seb is doing such a good job that if we don`t force them into mistakes it`s going to be difficult to beat them this year” Button added.
Vettel was third fastest on the track around the Valencia harbour as local hero Fernando Alonso set the pace for Ferrari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state