AI employees on three-day strike over salary payment
New Delhi: Employees of the cash-strapped public carrier, Air India, here on Tuesday joined their counterparts from other parts of the country on a three-day hunger strike over delay in payment of salaries.
Around 100 persons launched the hunger strike and more employees were expected to join them later in the day, the striking employees said.
Air India sources said since officers have not participated in the strike, in which over 20,000 members of Aviation Industry Employees Guild (AIEG), Air Corporation Employees Union (ACEU) and some other unions from across the nation are striking work, flight operations would not be affected.
However, some ground level functions may be delayed, they
Earlier, in July the employees had gone on a strike for two hours and staged demonstrations over the issue.
The meeting of the unions with the Air India CMD last Friday at the Air India headquarters in Mumbai failed and the next round of meeting is scheduled here in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH