AI Express to deploy 10 more aircraft for domestic ops
New Delhi: Air India Express, the low-cost
entity of national carrier Air India, will begin its domestic
operations from September on more than a quarter of the
airline`s existing routes and plans to deploy 10 additional
aircraft for the purpose.
"Air India will begin the domestic operations in
September. In the winter schedule, there will be 27 per cent
flight of the current domestic routes of Air India," Chairman
and Managing Director Arvind Jadhav told reporters here.
With an aim to restructure the national carrier, about
72-75 per cent of the total flights of Air India would
gradually be brought under the low-cost entity, he added.
Air India Express currently has only international
operations, mostly on gulf routes from India.
The national carrier is also negotiating with banks to
replace its high-cost debts with low-cost ones.
"We are currently negotiating with banks to replace our
high-cost debts with low-cost debts ... Our high cost debt is
around Rs 10,000-11,000 crore," Jadhav said.
The airline has also set up a cost management and audit
team to look at the overall financial restructuring of the
airline, which would deal with servicing of debt, risk
management and other related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened