AI Express to deploy 10 more aircraft for domestic ops
New Delhi: Air India Express, the low-cost
entity of national carrier Air India, will begin its domestic
operations from September on more than a quarter of the
airline`s existing routes and plans to deploy 10 additional
aircraft for the purpose.
"Air India will begin the domestic operations in
September. In the winter schedule, there will be 27 per cent
flight of the current domestic routes of Air India," Chairman
and Managing Director Arvind Jadhav told reporters here.
With an aim to restructure the national carrier, about
72-75 per cent of the total flights of Air India would
gradually be brought under the low-cost entity, he added.
Air India Express currently has only international
operations, mostly on gulf routes from India.
The national carrier is also negotiating with banks to
replace its high-cost debts with low-cost ones.
"We are currently negotiating with banks to replace our
high-cost debts with low-cost debts ... Our high cost debt is
around Rs 10,000-11,000 crore," Jadhav said.
The airline has also set up a cost management and audit
team to look at the overall financial restructuring of the
airline, which would deal with servicing of debt, risk
management and other related issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory