AI forms four committees to review PLI/flying allowance issue
Mumbai: With a majority of employee unions
spurning the Air India management`s proposal to slash
productivity-linked incentives/flying allowance by 50 percent, four committees have now been set up to focus on specific segments to review the whole issue, a source said.
"Air India Chairman and managing director Arvind
Jadhav has set up four review committees to look into the
PLI/flying allowance issue," a source in the National Aviation
Company of India Ltd said on Saturday.
The committees will be headed by functional directors and
submit their reports to Jadhav by September, the source said,
adding that till then the employees` PLI/flying allowance
would stand reduced by half.
NACIL is the holding company formed after the merger of
Air India and erstwhile Indian Airlines into a single entity.
NACIL recently had proposed a 50 percent reduction in
PLI/flying allowance which accounts for nearly 50 percent of
the carrier`s annual salary bill of around Rs 3,100 crore.
A majority of employees unions have rejected the proposal
and even resorted to agitation.
"While one committee headed by the director engineering
will review the flying allowances of pilots, engineers and...
PLI issue will be reviewed by the committee headed by the
Similarly, the PLI issue of cabin crew will be reviewed by
the committee headed by Director-Related Business and that of
officers and others by the committee headed by Director-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!