AIADMK charges AINRC government with letting down
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK has alleged that the Rangasamy-led AINRC government in Puducherry was following "anti-people policies."
Secretary of the Puducherry unit of the party, Anbalagan MLA, said in a release here that Rangasamy was heading an "anti people government" and failed to implement the plans and programmes promised in the previous budget.
Promises given to the students, the poorer sections, homeless people and others were only a lip service and the assurance that there would be enhanced quantum of rice under free rice scheme was also seen on paper without practical implementation.
Anbalagan said nothing had been done for rural development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends