AIADMK charges Rangasamy with letting down SCs
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Sunday charged Chief Minister N Rangasamy with "letting down" scheduled castes by diverting the funds meant for their welfare to other plans and programmes.
Talking to reporters here, secretary of local unit of party A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that Rs 430.48 crore was earmarked under special component plan (SCP) meant for ameliorating the downtrodden sections in the annual plan 2011-12.
The Puducherry Administration had however diverted a major chunk of the funds to other programmes letting down the scheduled castes, he alleged.
Anbalagan said a white paper should be released on modalities adopted for implementation of welfare schemes and diversion of funds from SCP to other heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him