AIADMK charges Rangasamy with letting down SCs
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Sunday charged Chief Minister N Rangasamy with "letting down" scheduled castes by diverting the funds meant for their welfare to other plans and programmes.
Talking to reporters here, secretary of local unit of party A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that Rs 430.48 crore was earmarked under special component plan (SCP) meant for ameliorating the downtrodden sections in the annual plan 2011-12.
The Puducherry Administration had however diverted a major chunk of the funds to other programmes letting down the scheduled castes, he alleged.
Anbalagan said a white paper should be released on modalities adopted for implementation of welfare schemes and diversion of funds from SCP to other heads.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata