AIADMK charges Rangasamy with letting down SCs
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Sunday charged Chief Minister N Rangasamy with "letting down" scheduled castes by diverting the funds meant for their welfare to other plans and programmes.
Talking to reporters here, secretary of local unit of party A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that Rs 430.48 crore was earmarked under special component plan (SCP) meant for ameliorating the downtrodden sections in the annual plan 2011-12.
The Puducherry Administration had however diverted a major chunk of the funds to other programmes letting down the scheduled castes, he alleged.
Anbalagan said a white paper should be released on modalities adopted for implementation of welfare schemes and diversion of funds from SCP to other heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray