AIADMK demo against levy of user fees in JIPMER
Puducherry: AIADMK Tuesday staged a demonstration outside JIPMER hospital here, demanding withdrawal of user fees from patients by the hospital and restoration of free medical services.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan pointed out that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday bringing to his notice the hardship faced by patients from Puducherry and neighbouring districts of Tamil nadu due to collection of fees.
He also took strong exception to Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy remaining silent on the issue and the `double speak` of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy (elected to Lok Sabha from Puducherry) over it.
He said AIADMK would continue its protest until collection of fees was withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez