AIADMK demo against levy of user fees in JIPMER
Puducherry: AIADMK Tuesday staged a demonstration outside JIPMER hospital here, demanding withdrawal of user fees from patients by the hospital and restoration of free medical services.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan pointed out that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday bringing to his notice the hardship faced by patients from Puducherry and neighbouring districts of Tamil nadu due to collection of fees.
He also took strong exception to Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy remaining silent on the issue and the `double speak` of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy (elected to Lok Sabha from Puducherry) over it.
He said AIADMK would continue its protest until collection of fees was withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM