AIADMK demo against levy of user fees in JIPMER
Puducherry: AIADMK Tuesday staged a demonstration outside JIPMER hospital here, demanding withdrawal of user fees from patients by the hospital and restoration of free medical services.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan pointed out that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday bringing to his notice the hardship faced by patients from Puducherry and neighbouring districts of Tamil nadu due to collection of fees.
He also took strong exception to Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy remaining silent on the issue and the `double speak` of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy (elected to Lok Sabha from Puducherry) over it.
He said AIADMK would continue its protest until collection of fees was withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof