AIADMK demo against levy of user fees in JIPMER
Puducherry: AIADMK Tuesday staged a demonstration outside JIPMER hospital here, demanding withdrawal of user fees from patients by the hospital and restoration of free medical services.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan pointed out that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday bringing to his notice the hardship faced by patients from Puducherry and neighbouring districts of Tamil nadu due to collection of fees.
He also took strong exception to Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy remaining silent on the issue and the `double speak` of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy (elected to Lok Sabha from Puducherry) over it.
He said AIADMK would continue its protest until collection of fees was withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America