AIADMK flays pvt med colleges for violating quota
Puducherry: AIADMK today asked the territorial government to ensure that privately run medical colleges in Puducherry earmarked 50 per cent of total seats sanctioned for them in the first MBBS course for students sponsored through the Centralised Admission Committee under government quota.
The party`s local unit secretary A.Anbalagan, MLA, said there were seven privately managed medical colleges in Puducherry with total intake of 950 seats.
Fifty per cent of these seats should be earmarked to be filled by Puducherry government through CENTAC which would mean availability of 475 seats.
But private colleges had been adopting whimsical approach fixing the seats for government quota according to their will and pleasure and students of Puducherry are let down consequently, he claimed.
He demanded that a committee be formed to monitoring the working of Pondicherry University particularly in introducing periodical placements to benefit students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!