AIADMK flays pvt med colleges for violating quota
Puducherry: AIADMK today asked the territorial government to ensure that privately run medical colleges in Puducherry earmarked 50 per cent of total seats sanctioned for them in the first MBBS course for students sponsored through the Centralised Admission Committee under government quota.
The party`s local unit secretary A.Anbalagan, MLA, said there were seven privately managed medical colleges in Puducherry with total intake of 950 seats.
Fifty per cent of these seats should be earmarked to be filled by Puducherry government through CENTAC which would mean availability of 475 seats.
But private colleges had been adopting whimsical approach fixing the seats for government quota according to their will and pleasure and students of Puducherry are let down consequently, he claimed.
He demanded that a committee be formed to monitoring the working of Pondicherry University particularly in introducing periodical placements to benefit students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016