AIADMK flays pvt med colleges for violating quota
Puducherry: AIADMK today asked the territorial government to ensure that privately run medical colleges in Puducherry earmarked 50 per cent of total seats sanctioned for them in the first MBBS course for students sponsored through the Centralised Admission Committee under government quota.
The party`s local unit secretary A.Anbalagan, MLA, said there were seven privately managed medical colleges in Puducherry with total intake of 950 seats.
Fifty per cent of these seats should be earmarked to be filled by Puducherry government through CENTAC which would mean availability of 475 seats.
But private colleges had been adopting whimsical approach fixing the seats for government quota according to their will and pleasure and students of Puducherry are let down consequently, he claimed.
He demanded that a committee be formed to monitoring the working of Pondicherry University particularly in introducing periodical placements to benefit students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic