AIADMK flays pvt med colleges for violating quota
Puducherry: AIADMK today asked the territorial government to ensure that privately run medical colleges in Puducherry earmarked 50 per cent of total seats sanctioned for them in the first MBBS course for students sponsored through the Centralised Admission Committee under government quota.
The party`s local unit secretary A.Anbalagan, MLA, said there were seven privately managed medical colleges in Puducherry with total intake of 950 seats.
Fifty per cent of these seats should be earmarked to be filled by Puducherry government through CENTAC which would mean availability of 475 seats.
But private colleges had been adopting whimsical approach fixing the seats for government quota according to their will and pleasure and students of Puducherry are let down consequently, he claimed.
He demanded that a committee be formed to monitoring the working of Pondicherry University particularly in introducing periodical placements to benefit students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY