AIADMK flays pvt med colleges for violating quota
Puducherry: AIADMK today asked the territorial government to ensure that privately run medical colleges in Puducherry earmarked 50 per cent of total seats sanctioned for them in the first MBBS course for students sponsored through the Centralised Admission Committee under government quota.
The party`s local unit secretary A.Anbalagan, MLA, said there were seven privately managed medical colleges in Puducherry with total intake of 950 seats.
Fifty per cent of these seats should be earmarked to be filled by Puducherry government through CENTAC which would mean availability of 475 seats.
But private colleges had been adopting whimsical approach fixing the seats for government quota according to their will and pleasure and students of Puducherry are let down consequently, he claimed.
He demanded that a committee be formed to monitoring the working of Pondicherry University particularly in introducing periodical placements to benefit students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok