AIADMK opposes govt`s approach in implementing scheme
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Tuesday protested government`s move to seek fresh applications for continuation of monthly assistance scheme covering aged persons, widows, destitute women and differently able persons in the Union Territory.
Addressing reporters here today, Secretary of the Puducherry unit of the AIADMK, A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that the Department of Women and Children Development was now insisting on fresh applications including monthly income certificate from those already getting the monthly assistance.
`The 1.09 lakh beneficiaries are now apprehensive whether government was going to discontinue the scheme`, he said.
Anbalagan said government should continue to pay the assistance and wherever fresh applications were received the applicants can be screened and amount sanctioned.
`The present move to seek fresh applications from the beneficiaries already getting the money should be given up` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch