AIADMK opposes govt`s approach in implementing scheme
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Tuesday protested government`s move to seek fresh applications for continuation of monthly assistance scheme covering aged persons, widows, destitute women and differently able persons in the Union Territory.
Addressing reporters here today, Secretary of the Puducherry unit of the AIADMK, A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that the Department of Women and Children Development was now insisting on fresh applications including monthly income certificate from those already getting the monthly assistance.
`The 1.09 lakh beneficiaries are now apprehensive whether government was going to discontinue the scheme`, he said.
Anbalagan said government should continue to pay the assistance and wherever fresh applications were received the applicants can be screened and amount sanctioned.
`The present move to seek fresh applications from the beneficiaries already getting the money should be given up` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday