AIADMK opposes govt`s approach in implementing scheme
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Tuesday protested government`s move to seek fresh applications for continuation of monthly assistance scheme covering aged persons, widows, destitute women and differently able persons in the Union Territory.
Addressing reporters here today, Secretary of the Puducherry unit of the AIADMK, A Anbalagan, MLA, alleged that the Department of Women and Children Development was now insisting on fresh applications including monthly income certificate from those already getting the monthly assistance.
`The 1.09 lakh beneficiaries are now apprehensive whether government was going to discontinue the scheme`, he said.
Anbalagan said government should continue to pay the assistance and wherever fresh applications were received the applicants can be screened and amount sanctioned.
`The present move to seek fresh applications from the beneficiaries already getting the money should be given up` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends