AIBA says Mary`s suspension can be revoked on apology
Jamshedpur: Indian Boxing Federation today said World Champion MC Mary Kom`s suspension could be revoked if the ace pugilist apologise to the jury for her "unsporting behaviour" during the senior National Boxing Championship.
Mary Kom was suspended till October 27 after she
allegedly used foul language against the jury following her
quarter-final defeat against Haryana`s Pinky Jingra yesterday.
"Yes, there is a possibility," Col P K Muralidharan Raja,
AIBA Secretary General, said when asked whether the decision
could be revoked if Mary Kom tenders an apology.
Raja said he was "satisfied" with the decision of the
jury headed by N S Kichi after going through the score sheet
of bout and discussing it with the officials.
"Discipline has to be maintained at any cost irrespective
of the boxers achievements," he said adding the temporary
suspension of Mary Kom, who is an ambassador of Indian boxing,
"will send a right message among the boxers".
Raja said they will take up the issue at its annual
general meeting to be held in Hyderabad on October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race