AIEEE delayed due to paper leak
New Delhi: The All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) 2011, which was scheduled to commence at 9:30 am on Sunday, has been delayed by two-and-a-half hours due to paper leak.
The exam, which is held in two parts, is now expected to start at 12:00 noon. The second paper, which was scheduled for the noon session from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm, will now be held from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm.
The exam was delayed after a leaked question paper was recovered by the Uttar Pradesh STF from Kanpur. Two people have been detained in connection with the paper leak.
The Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) conducts the examination.
About 12 lakh students across the country will be writing the prestigious exam at over 1,600 centres in more than 80 cities today.
It is for the first time that the AIEEE is also being held in the online mode. About one lakh candidates from 20 cities in India will take the examination online.
AIEEE is a passport to tens of thousands of seats into 30 National Institutes of Technology and close to 150 engineering colleges throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss