AIFF announces 30 players for 2011 Asian Cup preparations
New Delhi: All India Football Federation
today announced a 30-member probable list for the preparations
of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup with JCT striker Baljit Sahni being
the only new face in it.
The probables were on expected lines as all the 25
players who had gone to Dubai for a 20-day training camp as
part of the preparations for the AFC Asian Cup were included
in the list.
22-year-old Sahni was to go to Colombo last year for the
SAFF Cup but a motorcycle accident in Goa in November before
JCT`s I-League match against Salgaocar resulted to him missing
In an ambitious plan, the AIFF will keep these players
for national training camps from June-July till January 2011
when the AFC Asian Cup will be held in Doha, Qatar.
The players will not be allowed to take part in domestic
competitions, including I-League, and they will be paid their
salary by the federation.
Goalkeepers: Subrata Paul, Subhashish Roy Choudhury,
Defenders: Irungbam Surkumar Singh, N S Manju, Samir
Naik, Mohanraj, Mahesh Gawli, Gouramangi Singh, Anwar, Govin
Singh, Deepak Mondal, Rakesh Masih.
Midfielders: Steven Dias, Climax Lawrence, N P Pradeep,
Anthony Pereira, Lukram James Singh, Rennedy Singh,
Mehrajuddin Wadoo, Syed Rahim Nabi, Baldeep Singh, Clifford
Miranda, Jagpreet Singh
Strikers: Bhaichung Bhutia, Sunil Chhetri, Abhishek
Yadav, Mohammed Rafi, Sushil Kumar Singh, Baljit Sahni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'