AIFF serves show cause notice on Churchill Alemao
Panaji: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has served a show cause notice on Churchill Alemao, patron of Goan club Churchill Brothers, for his recent comments against match officials and referred him to the disciplinary committee.
"We are pained to read in newspapers about the comments made by you on the Indian officials (referees and assistant). It is regrettable that you have chosen to make these comments at a press conference organized in connection with the AFC cup match between your club and Al Hilal from Yemen," AIFF General secretary Alberto Colaco wrote in a strongly worded letter to Alemao on Wednesday.
The AIFF general secretary said the comments were in bad taste and that the Churchill Brothers patron had cast baseless allegations on the match officials and also the AIFF.
The statements, AIFF pointed out, are in violation of Article 36(5) of the I-League regulations as well as the code of ethics and disciplinary code of the AIFF.
The AIFF has asked Alemao to reply within 7 days and it is more than likely that he may be asked to appear before the disciplinary committee of the AIFF to plead his case. Should Alemao choose to ignore the show cause, the AIFF said disciplinary committee would decide the matter with the available documents.
The outspoken Alemao said some of the Indian referees were inept in their job and favoured certain teams, which has hurt certain other teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past