AIFF slaps show cause notice on Pradeep
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Friday slapped a show cause notice on midfielder N P Pradeep for his outbursts in support of Bob Houghton.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF has asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here on May 16.
He along with fellow player Joaquim Abranches spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup after a gap of 24 years.
"The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has asked National Team midfielder NP Pardeep to show cause for abusing the AIFF on a social networking website," the statement from the federation read.
While Pradeep made criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune. Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri too expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home