AIFF slaps show cause notice on Pradeep
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Friday slapped a show cause notice on midfielder N P Pradeep for his outbursts in support of Bob Houghton.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF has asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here on May 16.
He along with fellow player Joaquim Abranches spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup after a gap of 24 years.
"The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has asked National Team midfielder NP Pardeep to show cause for abusing the AIFF on a social networking website," the statement from the federation read.
While Pradeep made criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune. Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri too expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what