AIFF slaps show cause notice on Pradeep
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) on Friday slapped a show cause notice on midfielder N P Pradeep for his outbursts in support of Bob Houghton.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF has asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here on May 16.
He along with fellow player Joaquim Abranches spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup after a gap of 24 years.
"The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has asked National Team midfielder NP Pardeep to show cause for abusing the AIFF on a social networking website," the statement from the federation read.
While Pradeep made criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune. Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri too expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday