AIFF to appoint I-League CEO, discuss on league advisor`s post
Kolkata: The AIFF will take a final decision on who would be I-League chief executive officer besides the announcement of Federation Cup final round draws in its emergency committee meeting here tomorrow.
The committee, consisting of President Praful Patel, vice-presidents Subrata Dutta, AR Khaleel and Ankur Dutta, treasurer Hardev Jadeja and general secretary Alberto Colaco, will also discuss the proposal to offer I-League advisor`s post to former AFC director of competitions Carlos Nohra.
Other matters on the agenda include constitution of a new I-League Committee, discussion on views by state associations on the question of allowing five foreigners, including a PIO and an Asian player, in the I-League club rolls.
"The main matters on the agenda are on I-League CEO`s post, Federation Cup final round draw, discussion on the five foreigner issue, I-League review and the senior national and Under-23 side camps in Goa," Subrata Dutta said.
Three candidates -- current AIFF Competition Director Anil Kamat, former Mahindra coach Harish Rao and Leisure Sports Management top official Sunando Dhar -- had appeared for the interview of the I League CEO`s post before the same emergency committee on November 12.
Khaleel said there was a proposal to offer Nohra, former AFC assistant general secretary and involved in revamping the Asian Champions League, the post of I-League advisor but the former AFC official has not given his consent yet.
"There was a proposal on the I-League advisor`s post but the other party (Nohra) will first have to agree to take up the job. He is no longer with the AFC, doing some business in Lebanon. We will discuss the matter but unlikely to come to a final decision tomorrow," he said from Bangalore.
The Federation Cup final round will be held from December 15 in Guwahati and the winner will book a berth in next year`s AFC Cup, Asia`s second tier club competition.
Regarding the five-foreigner issue, national captain Bhaichung Bhutia and coach Bob Houghton had expressed the view that allowing more foreigners -- than the earlier four – will reduce the pool of Indian players from which national team players will be selected.
The AIFF, which had given the green signal on five foreigners from this I-League season, had later asked all the state associations to give their views on the issue by this month.
Patel is also likely to meet Bhutia, who is the president of Football Players`s Association of India, to discuss how best the grievances of the players from time to time can best be resolved through an official forum.
The emergency committee will also discuss about the date and country against which India will play an international friendly.
The AIFF had planned the national team to play against Asian champions Iraq on December 12 at Delhi`s Ambedkar Stadium on December 12. But, Iraq were banned by FIA recently so AIFF will have to find another country for the friendly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo