AIMPLB to meet to decide whether to go to SC against verdict
Lucknow: The executive committee of the All
India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) meets here Saturday
to deliberate on the recommendations of its legal committee to
approach the Supreme Court against the Allahabad High Court
verdict in the Ayodhya title suits.
The 51-member committee and some special invitees like
former Justice Sagir Ahmed and chairman of the Sunni Central
Waqf Board Zafar Ahmed Farooqui, would discuss in detail the
high court verdict as well as the recommendations made in its
light by the legal committee of the body at its meeting held
earlier this month in Delhi, sources in the board said.
The implications of the verdict as well as the doubts of
the members would be discussed at the meeting before taking a
final decision on whether to give a go-ahead to the Sunni Waqf
Board which had been a party to the case to appeal in the
court as also to decide to get involved in the case directly.
"As certain Muslim leaders, including members of the
board, have publicly opined that the matter needed to be
resolved out of court through reconciliation, it would also be
taken up but a final decision would be taken on majority
view," sources said.
"All the members including those favouring a negotiated
settlement would put forth their views before the committee
but there are no chances of any discord over the issue as it
has been the tradition of the board that the majority view
should prevail," they said.
However, they added that even if the majority view is in
favour of going in for an appeal in the Supreme Court against
the verdict, efforts can still go on simultaneously for a
settlement through reconciliation.
"Even if the solution is reached through dialogue it
would still require a legal stamp or better if the government
enacts a law in keeping with it so that the dispute is ended
once and for all", sources said.
"The legality of the case has already been discussed at
the earlier meeting .... the meeting would also have to keep
in mind the consequences of the verdict," sources said, adding
that going to the Supreme Court was also a legal necessity to
safeguard the interests of the community in future.
Besides deliberating on the Ayodhya case, tomorrow`s
meeting would also finalise the venue of the next conference
besides taking up the routine affairs, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow